[Linux-aus] Hardware Freedom Day 2014

kira0030 at gmail.com kira0030 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:44:57 EST 2014

Come and celebrate Hardware Freedom Day with us at Hackerspace this
Saturday 15 March - talks happening between 1pm-4pm.  Bring along a project
to display, discuss or work on.

What is Hardware Freedom Day?
It is a celebration of Open Hardware, It is the Free Software philosophy,
extended to the world of physical things. It is technology where the plans
are provided to the community to build and improve upon.

What is Hackerspace Adelaide?
We are an open group which holds regular "hacksessions" where we get
together to work on projects together. Think, a "knitting circle" for nerds.

What is hacking?
Hacking is the understanding that technology is malleable and so much more
than just a product you buy from a shop. Sometimes we take things apart to
find out how they work, sometimes we put them back together to make them
better and sometimes we take what we have learned and make entirely new
things.

http://wiki.hfday.org/2014/Australia/Adelaide/Hackerspace