[Linux-aus] Kiwi PyCon 2014 Registrations Now Open!

Tom Eastman tom at eastman.net.nz
Wed Jul 23 18:03:03 EST 2014

The New Zealand Python User Group and the Kiwi PyCon team are delighted
to announce the opening of registrations for Kiwi PyCon 2014.

Kiwi PyCon is an annual conference aimed at promoting and educating
people about the Python programming language. It is entirely organised
by the New Zealand Python User Group (NZPUG).

Kiwi PyCon 2014 will be held on the weekend of 13-14 September in
Wellington, New Zealand.

Here is a link to the registration page.

	http://kiwi.pycon.org/registration/

If you've attended a Kiwi PyCon before, you'll already be familiar with
our pricing structure, but this year we're introducing an additional
tier. So here's a breakdown of all the ticket prices and what they get you.

Conference tickets (Saturday and Sunday)

All tickets include both days of the main conference, the Kiwi PyCon
2014 T-Shirt (register soon to make sure you get your preferred size),
and food during the conference (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea).

Please help us to make the conference as good as it can be -
[register](https://register.nzpug.org/event-1712963) early! Early
registration helps us to make sure we're getting all our figures right
for running the conference, and you (the attendees) end up with a better
event as a result.

Regular ticket
--------------

$100. Our basic ticket price remains the same as ever at one hundred
dollars.

Unwaged / Student ticket
------------------------

$60. For students and those of you not in employment, these tickets give
you the full Kiwi PyCon experience at a more affordable price.

Contributor ticket
------------------

$300. This is our new tier this year, for those of you who can afford it
-- perhaps your company is sending you? Contributor tickets help to fund
Kiwi PyCon for everyone, they make it possible for us to offer more
unwaged tickets to support students and others who need help to be able
to attend. As a sign of our appreciation we will add your company name
to your name tag (if you have one), and we will also put your name or
your company logo on a special thank you page on kiwi.pycon.org.

Tutorials (Friday)
------------------

The tickets for the Friday tutorials will go on sale very soon, we're
just hammering out a few extra details before we go live with them. We
have four fantastic tutorials lined up this year, but spaces are very
limited (16 attendees per session) so please do make sure you check back
for more details as they get announced over the next few days - we'll do
another post soon with some more information about the tutorial
sessions, and a date and time that the ticket sales will go live (so you
don't miss out).

In order to cover the room hire and projector hire charges for the
tutorials this year, there will be a small cost to attend a tutorial
($15 per tutorial) separate from the main conference ticket prices.