[Linux-aus] Photovoltaic inverter monitoring or logging software

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jan 31 06:31:37 EST 2014

Hello.

I am wondering whether anyone on this list, has any knowledge or
experience of software that runs on Linux, preferably Debian Linux, for
monitoring/logging electricity output from a photovoltaic inverter.

In searching in the Debian packages facility, the only package that I
found, was solarpowerlog (0.23a-2), for Debian Linux v7, and the package
is apparently for only Solarmax inverters.

I am seeking software that will interface with Rewatt inverters, which
apparently have an RS232 interface socket. The inverters come with a
software disk, the supplied software apparently being for only MS
Windows.

I have recently been told information about photovoltaic systems, that
increases my curiosity, increasing the incentive to have continuous
monitoring of output.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby