[Linux-aus] This list now in emergency moderation; all post will be moderated

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Sun Jan 26 12:49:00 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

This list is now in emergency moderation mode and all posts will be
moderated by a member of Council.

Once again, I draw your attention to our Community's values [1],
including respect and diversity. It is OK to hold and express an opinion
that differs from another member's. This is Diversity. It is not OK to
trample the value of Respect in doing so. Please reflect on what you
post, and the manner of your wording, before you post to this list.

This is the second time in six months this list has been placed in
emergency moderation due to the inflamed nature of posts. Council will
now consider longer term measures related to moderation.

I would also like to remark, from a personal position, that the time
taken to moderate the list, to deal with the issue of moderation and the
formal complaints which inevitably arise from such significantly detract
from our ability to undertake more constructive and value-adding
activities on behalf of the community. Would you like a newsletter? A
stronger voice in the media? More amazing events? Stronger governance?
Our volunteer time is limited and precious. As a community, I honestly
and openly ask you to allow us to spend that precious time well.

[1] http://linux.org.au/values

With kind regards,
Kathy

--