[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 22 09:36:37 EST 2014

On 21Jan2014 10:18, Russell Stuart <russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au> wrote:
[...]
> In this case I happen to think that ensuring that people who don't want
> to be photographed aren't is the right thing to do.  It sits very well
> with our "be nice and be considerate of others" mantra, the approach of
> defining when photography is and isn't acceptable just isn't workable.
> Any such rule will be too long, too complex, have too many boundaries to
> push and besides, no one will read it.
[...]

Except that I would add advertising the coloured lanyard system (or
some other simple highly visible system chosen): if someone is
wearing the "please don't photograph me coloured icon", just avoid
photographing them.

Courtesy. It preempts a lot of lawyering.

Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.