[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Tue Jan 21 15:09:56 EST 2014

Something I had hoped to have organised at lca2014 and may work for future
conferences is a clear concept of "photography free zones" in one of the
back corners of lecture theatres. Though the problem of expanding this
concept into other conference areas is segregation.

Whilst I think the concept of having additional different coloured lanyards
to depict additional information like individuals photography preferences
is a nice way to let people know you don't want close up photos, I think
standing in a large crowd wearing a lanyard that conveyed I didn't want to
be included even in large crowd shots would be disconsiderate of the many
in our community who enjoy photography.