[Linux-aus] LUG schedules (was Minutes...)

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Feb 24 09:55:18 EST 2014

On 02/23/2014 03:02 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:
> I seem to recall the calendar announcements for LCA 2014 coming from
> (allegedly outdated and under threat of retirement) linux.conf.au
> domain.

Just to put this to rest once and for all;

The linux.conf.au domain was grandfathered to Linux Australia by AUDA in
April 2011. The .conf.au namespace is locked, and the registration of
the domain is held by AUDA, with the domain currently in
'serverDeleteProhibited'.

As the domain is now effective registered, it now appears in the global
whois database, and the current status can be confirmed with a "whois
linux.conf.au".

Regards