[Linux-aus] Nomination for Council Member / Treasurer

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Dec 20 03:13:27 EST 2014

They are very valid points that this Sam had.

So I assume you only want "yes men" on this list... you only want those
that sing the praise and hide the dirt? you dont work for Qld Govt
premiers office do you Mr Walsh?

I would have an issue if his comments were BS or fabricated, but face
it, they aint, and he's right! (and if I got an 11pm phone call from
some organiser wanting to bitch about an employee/contractor, I would
abuse the utter fsck outa the fool for calling me so late, nothing
-short of a medical emergency, justifies a call at that hour about a 3rd
party.

I see nothing written there that is false or misleading, in fact I only
ponder why "Sam" did not join LA if not already a member, and run for
council to change those things.

I also agree on the bit about pensioners etc getting support (or maybe
even free access if they get their own way there), LA has given
thousands to a now defunct U.S. based group to garner more women into
this area (which I for one have seen no uptake of here to justify the
values), so they surely can subsidise a few old folks or invalid
pensioners who would like to attend. I fully know I open myself to
flames on this paragraph, but frankly I dont give a fuck, it needed to
be said.

On 19/12/2014 13:43, Steve Walsh wrote:

> Hi Tennessee
>
> On 12/18/2014 11:25 AM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of the details of the allegation of hostility, it's a bit hard to people unaware of what you are referring to to judge your claim. Without that evidence, it sounds like you might be drawing a bit of a long bow here.
>
> http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/62138-elitist-linux-australia-has-no-time-for-the-less-fortunate [1]

> http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/beerfiles/58486-closed-minds-of-%E2%80%9Copen-source%E2%80%9D-eject-itwire-from-linux-conference [3]
>
> Everyone one of the Author's articles have the Disclaimer at the top;
>
> Author's Opinion
>
> The views in this column are those of the author and do not necessarily
> reflect the views of iTWire.
>
> However whenever the author has been taken to task in comment threads,
> the editor and part-owner of the publication post a comment stating that
> ITWire is 100% behind Sam and his article.
>
> regards

Links:
------
[1]