[Linux-aus] Accepting my nominations for council

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:26:00 EST 2014

Hi Members!

I'm pleased to accept the nominations I've been offered, both for the
role of Vice President and Ordinary Committee Member.

This has been my first year on the council. In my nomination platform
last year my platform included reforming the subcommittee process for
conferences, and helping improve LA's ability to raise sponsorship for
its conferences.

This year LA adopted a new subcommittee policy to improve oversight
over conferences, thus achieving one of my platform goals.

Next year I'd like to take what I've learned about how LA works and
apply that to our fundraising efforts, in particular to help LA's
ability to fund events and projects in the Free and Open Source
communities.

I look forward to working with next year's council, and would be
equally happy if Josh Stewart or James Iseppi were elected to the role
of Vice President ahead of me.

If you've got any questions about my time on council so far, or about
my platform, please feel free to contact me. I'm happy to answer any
questions you may have.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer