[Linux-aus] Hobart bid for linux.conf.au 2017

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:18:31 EST 2014

On 6 August 2014 18:08, Mark Ellem <mark at colmiga.org> wrote:

> The only question I ask is about capacity of Wrest Point to host a
> conference with the numbers such as linux.conf.au. Is there plans for
> keynote overflow if delegate numbers reach 600 in the lecture theatre?
> Or, will the conference be capped at 600 delegates? Hobart is a lovely
> place and could end up being 'popular' for delegates wanting to come.

Our preference is to overflow into one of the breakout rooms (270-seat
capacity) by video link, similar to how LCA2011 did in Brisbane.

There is also the option of configuring a 1000-seat room at the
expense of one concurrent track *and* a longer morning tea to
reconfigure rooms.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer