[Linux-aus] OSIA 10 year anniversary event

Daniel Jitnah djitnah at greenwareit.com.au
Wed Apr 30 19:44:04 EST 2014

Members, former members and other interested parties are cordially
invited to join us in Sydney on 7 May to celebrate OSIA's first decade
at the OSIA 10 year anniversary event, to be followed by an informal
dinner at a local restaurant.

It's a perfect opportunity for members to get together and celebrate
the milestone, meet our founders and our new Directors, perhaps
influence OSIA's future direction, or even just relax and unwind after
a long day at CeBIT!

Programme & speakers
====================

OSIA was founded in May 2004 by Brendan Scott, Con Zymaris, Arjen Lentz
and David "Del" Elson.

Two of our Founding Directors, Brendan Scott and Arjen Lentz, will
deliver the keynotes, reflecting on OSIA's first decade in the light of
the founders' original vision.

After the keynotes, OSIA's present Chairman will discuss the
possibilities that may lie in the next decade for OSIA.

Venue & timing
==============

Nexus 1 Room
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
Olympic Boulevard
Sydney Olympic Park
NSW 2127

Wednesday 7 May 2014
Event starts at 6pm sharp
Registration & networking over drinks & nibbles from 5:30pm.

All present will be invited to join the Board for an informal dinner
nearby afterwards.

Registration
============

Attendance is free of charge (for both members and non-members) but
registration is essential.

To book, just email rsvp at osia.com.au. Guests may register multiple
attendees in a single email (just list who's coming in your email).

Getting to the venue
====================

On foot:

The Pullman is across the road from Olympic Park itself, where CeBIT
closes at 5pm on Wed 7/5. This makes it very easy for any interstate
members who are in town for CeBIT to get to the OSIA event afterwards.

By train:

Apparently the Pullman is about 50 metres from the entrance to Olympic
Park railway station -- trains operate between Lidcombe & Olympic Park
every 10 minutes -- from Central, take the Western Line and change at
Lidcombe -- see
http://www.sydneytrains.info/travelling_with/places_to_go/olympic_park

By car:

OSIA guests can park at the Pullman on 7 May (subject to availability
of spaces) at a flat rate of $20 for the day (20% off their standard
daily rate) -- just let them know on arrival that you're there for the
OSIA event.