[Linux-aus] Proposal: LA to donate to the Malcolm Tredinnick Memorial Prize

Daniel Jitnah djitnah at greenwareit.com.au
Wed Sep 25 13:22:48 EST 2013

On 25/09/13 11:12, David Lloyd wrote:

> On 25/09/2013, at 10:27 AM, Joshua Hesketh <josh at nitrotech.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> That's very secondary to our aim here. I think this is a good way of remembering Malcolm and his great work in our community. We'll chat to the DSF and if they'd like to recognise us they are more than welcome to, but it is their prize.
>
> Yes, but when one achieves the primary aim, one goes chasing the secondary ones that may or may not be easy to achieve; as you've suggested as simple chat would suffice to find out if it's possible (and probably would take less time than I have writing this) :P
Agreed.  You can also view it as short term and longer term aims. Short
term is to support Malcolm Tredinnick Memorial Prize.

Longer term is to sustain/raise/improve/promote LA's profile and that
can lead to it being able to better address shorter aims in the future
(eg: improve its ability to support similar cause).

So I think its appropriate to suggest some sort of recognition in return.

Cheers
Daniel.