[Linux-aus] Special support for women

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:28:42 EST 2013

On 30/10/2013 7:49 AM, "Luke Martinez" <me at luke.asia> wrote:

> Wow. Just because a person has a differing view from you doesn't mean
they should be removed at _your behest_.

> Could you imagine what would happen if this wasn't Linux-aus but
religion-aus. We'd be down to 1 member really quickly!

Isn't that exactly what is happening here? I joined or tech group not a
socio political debate group. It's valid to ask questions and to think
about issues, but there is a way of approaching things with respect that is
generally accepted for public discussions with broad readership.

Not commenting on what is the right response, but this is not just about
holding a different view. In fact David didn't actually state his view,
rather put up an (inflammatory) straw man without much context. It's not
like it's a new argument either, just so much hot air.