[Linux-aus] Grant Request: Travel grants for PyCon US (Montréal, April 2014)

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Oct 7 14:56:49 EST 2013

I'd like to strongly support this grant request. PyCon US is a major gathering
in the Python community and a large number of the core Python developers,
contributors and community members attend. (I believe it is the largest
such gathering of Python programmers anywhere in the world?) It would
definitely be great to have a strong Australian contingent for all the reasons
that Chris listed and many more.

I also believe this would help cement the idea that Linux Australia does
represents more than just Linux and is supporting the whole Open Source
community.

Tim