[Linux-aus] [luv-talk] Should I feel sorry for Queenslanders?!

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Nov 22 12:05:01 EST 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, "Pidgorny, Slav (GEUS)" <slav.pidgorny at anz.com> wrote:
> Because they will have an option to earn educational credits by
> completing Microsoft courses? No, you shouldn't feel sorry.

One of the problems here is that some students will invest the time in
studying those subjects expecting to gain some benefit other than educational
credit.  IE they will want to actually learn something useful rather than just
get some marks.

If someone does such a course in year 12 next year then the course would have
been designed this year if not earlier (they need to get the training written
in advance).  So a year 12 student in 2014 would finish university no earlier
than 2017 and look for work in 2018.  It doesn't seem that a product specific
training course from 2013 would be that useful in 2018.  It would be about as
useful as "MS Windows Vista" specific knowledge is right now.