[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming"

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Sun Mar 31 16:18:55 EST 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
>> If there are no rights given for storage and later viewing (ie, this
>> would have also applied to the DSD talk this year - this was in a small
>> room with no audio loop)?
>> Should the timetable be clearly marked as to which talks won't be
>> accessible?
>
> IMHO the timetable should be clearly marked as to which talks won't be
> available for viewing at a later date.  Also the few such talks should be in
> large rooms.

No LCA has ever guaranteed post-presentation video.  There is a reason for this.

We're a volunteer run conference, and while the conference typically
gets optimised for the better each year, we're not at the point of
having fail-safe everything.  Things go wrong, and while the
organisers and volunteers do a fantastically great job, not everything
can be controlled.  We could guarantee these things, but then LCA
would be 5x-10x the price, and lose something in the process.

If we get speakers in a room, and a bunch of delegates to listen to
them, we have an LCA.  Anything else is a bonus :-)
Michael Davies   michael at the-davies.net