[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming" subcommittee

Ryan Verner ryan at uanywhere.com.au
Thu Mar 28 22:35:21 EST 2013

The technology and workflow used by LCA in 11 & 12 (and 13 from my understanding) is very different to the setup 2005 used, so this is an erroneous statement; Flumotion/icecast/etc streaming issues do not affect the saved video.  This is by intentional design.

Tim is entirely right; streaming provides an incredibly valuable QA loop which positively increases video/audio quality of the final video recordings.