[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming" subcommittee

Ryan Verner ryan at uanywhere.com.au
Thu Mar 28 19:02:18 EST 2013

Hi,

> It's not that anything was wrong with what was done, just rather for
> next time it would be nice to clean it up a bit more and make it
> seemless.

This is part of why establishing an ongoing subcommittee is sensible; ensuring that knowledge is properly passed down year to year, continual improvement is made on the technology and processes, and skills and experience have a proper flow-on effect to LUG's and other related organisations - end result being more high quality FOSS related content available on the web.

Re streaming[1]; LCA is ran primarily to benefit the FOSS community, right?   Why do we wish to exclude those who can't physically make it?

I have seen real time streaming + social media have very real and positive effects at other conferences; those same conferences, like LCA, don't seem to have attendance issues.  Streaming will never reproduce the hallway track.

[1] Providing downloadable video post-event is a given and I hope we're not debating over that!