[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming" subcommittee

Mark Ellem mark at colmiga.org
Wed Mar 20 15:26:42 EST 2013

Hi,

Further to this, can I suggest Matthew Franklin and myself to be
considered on this subcommittee too. Matthew and I were the AV lead team
for LCA2011. Matthew also helped the LCA2013 AV team recently in
Canberra.

We were speaking to a number of people after LCA2013 about setting up
the very same thing. Good to see there is more people interested.

At our local user group, HUMBUG, we are experimenting with a HDMI
capture solution based around the Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe cards.
It is to a point that we intend to record a talk about the system at an
upcoming HUMBUG meeting, using the system.

I agree with Euan that this subcommittee should be advisory and not
enforce any one solution to LA confs and LUGs/UUGs but rather help and
assist with R&D.

Thanks,
Mark Ellem