[Linux-aus] Expressing interest is a good thing

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Mar 11 23:41:53 EST 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Andrew Cowie
<andrew at operationaldynamics.com> wrote:

> One of the weaknesses, I think, in getting linux.conf.au put on over the
> last few years has been the bid process happening mostly out of sight. I
> fully realize that the teams involved and the councils have been
> absolutely *manic* working it out, but that it all appears with an
> announcement at the end it makes it a bit seem like it's "someone else's
> job".

I've been thinking about this, and have been toying with releasing the
Canberra bid document now that its no longer super secret. Do people
think doing that would help future years produce a bid with the
minimum of fuss?

(For reference, we wrote our bid in less than a week IIRC).

Michael