[Linux-aus] Open-Source and getting behind our young talent pool.

Nathan Bailey nathan.bailey at monash.edu
Fri Mar 8 11:23:05 EST 2013

Good work. Would be good to see this repeated at other programming groups
and LUGs to get a national perspective.

David, do you have a proposal for how the application and selection process
would work? (eg. would be good if a group of 3-5 people took 50
applications and made a shortlist of 3-5 for funding to LA, of which 2-3
might be funded?)

On 8 March 2013 08:24, David Lyon (Hackerpads) <david.lyon at hackerpads.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Last night I gave a Lightning talk at Sydney-Python-Users group.
>
> Here are the slides:
>
>   -
> https://bitbucket.org/djlyon/hackerpads/downloads/Linux%20Sponsorship.pptx
>
> My purpose was to market research against a small pocket of the talent
> pool to see if the idea had any appeal in that demographic.
>
> The indications are that there will be sufficient candidates to make
> this
> worthwhile.
>
> If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask as everything here is
> open for discussion.
>
> David

Teaching with MS Powerpoint *and* inking = slides + whiteboard = best of
both worlds. Buy a tablet or a slate and teach with maximum flexibility and
impact! See
http://its.monash.edu/staff/procurement/hardware/tablet-order.html