[Linux-aus] Seeking feedback - EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Tue Jun 25 21:24:05 EST 2013

On 25/06/13 7:41 PM, Mark Walkom wrote:
> Can you guys take this off list please. It'd be nice to see a resolution
> one way or the other to the real topic.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/government-shelves-controversial-data-retention-scheme-20130624-2oskq.html

Not quite a resolution. More like a "not at this time" which was good
enough for the Internet filter though that seems to have turned into an
unaccountable voluntary monster. I doubt if we will hear anything more
on the issue from either major party until after the election.