[Linux-aus] Seeking feedback - EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign

Wolfe, Robert robert.wolfe at robertwolfe.org
Thu Jun 13 13:28:31 EST 2013

On 6/12/2013 7:05 PM, David Lyon wrote:
> Very interesting. In the States they call this "building value" and
> it makes some sense to work on improving how computers work which in
> turn helps Industry.
>
> Here I think it's bought just to try to understand what (thought) plane
> the rest of the world is actually on. I doubt that there's any way to
> recoup the money spent on these technologies.

Unfortunately, here in the USA, it seems this "building value" is
infringing on our rights as guaranteed under the 4th amendment of our
constitution.  I was watching The Colbert Report today and saw where he
mentioned that companies like Verizon were "building value" into its
services by data mining and storing/sharing our phone records.  This
also would apply to how ISPs here in the States are "building value" by
turning in those users who use P2P networks for file sharing.  I know
that this may be totally unrelated, but I just thought I would give my
$.02 USD worth.