[Linux-aus] Australia Honours

Janet Reid lucychili at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 15:38:49 EST 2013

On 20 July 2013 12:44, Daniel Black <daniel.subs at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Since I last emailed I've received some warm encouragement, tips as well
> as the council endorsement to proceed.
>
> I'll be accepting new nominations until the end of August with the aim
> to finalise this by Software Freedom Day on the 21 September 2013 (for
> no particular reason).

This is a great idea.

Perhaps it would be nice to have the kind of information required for this
sort of submission easy to find about a range of projects happening in
Australia posted on the Linux AU website? A fact sheet about things going
on?

There are other awards too if you would like to get a range of people
nominated.

http://agimo.gov.au/collaboration-services-skills/australian-government-ict-awards-program/

http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/medals/public_service_medal.cfm

http://www.iawards.com.au/

There will be IS and State based ones as well

http://www.alia.org.au/awards

http://www.aiia.com.au/event/id/325895/iAwards-SA-Innovation-Forum-and-State-Winners-Awards-Night.htm

Even local government.

http://www.lga.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=1780