[Linux-aus] Accounting on Linux

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Sat Jan 26 14:59:57 EST 2013

On 26/01/13 13:26, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> I'm told that the big two offer online accounting now that might work
>>> for a SMEs in the linux world.
> <gently>
>

>>> http://online.reckon.com.au/
>
> Proprietary, Microsoft and Mac only, webserver and app running and
> hosted on MS Server 2008.
>
>>> http://liveaccounts.myob.com.au/
> Proprietary, Microsoft and Mac only, at website served from Apache -
> appears to be running on Linux.
>>>
>>> Don't know how good or bad they are but for small businesses might be an
>>> option.

perhaps I misunderstand what the question was asking, I thought it was
about solving a problem not about a propagating a religious point of view.

I also am probably wrong in thinking that one needed only any old modern
browser to use those products online.

what was I thinking?

of course I am also very happy to see some responses coming in promoting
the religiously sanctioned opportunities. ;)

enjoy Linuxconf this coming week :)

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS CP, ACS Honorary Life Member
Chair IFIP International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3) 2011-13