[Linux-aus] Linux, Open-Source and the young-people.

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Jan 25 08:51:27 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 11:57 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 23:41 +1100, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > Did you check your spam folder?
>

> See my last post from last night...
> I get no messages from announce list, haven't for, as far as I can see
> in this folder (and my filters in evolution place list mail in list
> folders before it processes spam to spam folder, so even if it was
> spam, it would be in here)
>
> Also, the list server is still not talking to me for subscriber
> commands, 25 hours now and counting still waiting for my "password
> reminder"  :)
> (have emailed list owner to look into)

Although it claims to know me and wanted to send password, John looked
into it, and has since informed me I'm not on the announce list, which
begs the question how many others aren't, so the vote announcements
should have been CC'd to THIS list, rather than assume every single
member also bothered to sub to announce list, which I'm rather sure not
every does/did/would.

But it at least answers the question as to why a few people didn't see
any of these annoucements.