[Linux-aus] Linux, Open-Source and the young-people.

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:59:48 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> **
> I got a couple offlist messages from people, and I agree with what they say
>
> First, the website is a mess, no member login link
>
> As I noted to the offlisters, when I found it in history I'd post it
> here...
> https://www.linux.org.au/membership/index.php?page=elections
>

> lack, no, total lack of communication re the voting.

Yes, a total lack of communication, except for the post to the announce
list announcing the election and explaining the nomination and voting
periods (
http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/announce/2012-December/000148.html) and
the followup announcing the start of the voting (
http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/announce/2013-January/000149.html),
both of which had a link to
https://www.linux.org.au/membership/index.php?page=view-election&id=19

David, as below, and the couple offlist replies did not even know we are in
> actual voting period.
>

> perhaps someone who is on the exiting council would like to make an
> announcement filling people in offcially...

It's been done. You not bothering to read the announcement doesn't
magically make it not exist.