[Linux-aus] Council meeting minutes

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Thu Jan 17 08:31:08 EST 2013

These minutes are also available at http://linux.org.au/meeting/2013-01-16

Wed, 2013-01-16 20:33 - 20:56

Present: Bianca Gibson, Joshua Hesketh, Clinton Roy, Peter Lieverdink
Apologies: Mike Carden, John Ferlito

Agenda

Council election has opened
- Lots of candidates, all good.

Steve Walsh’s request for travel budget for Admin team meetup at LCA2013.
- Motion: We approve travel request for admin team members who otherwise couldn’t make it on the proviso that a report comes back from the meeting at LCA.

Proposed: Josh
Seconded: Clinton
Passed unanimously

LCA2013
- Lots of good team meetings happening on the ramp up.
- About to spend a lot of money to make things happen.

LCA2014
- Planning has begun.
- Clinton to contact re progress for announcement at LCA and preliminary ghosts plans.

PyCon AU report
- 2013 is coming along well. Sponsors starting to come on board. Venue booked in.
- Calendar clash with EuroPython

RDP Status
- Applicants are in.
- Working out budget to see how many we can send.
- Announcement coming soon.

Financial Audit
- Audit complete. Council will review.

Office reports
- In progress.

General Business
- Current council lunch planned at LCA Wednesday.