[Linux-aus] Announcing my running for LA President

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Jan 14 17:53:03 EST 2013

> Or what?

If I win, I'm planning on making the changes.

> Maybe I'm being unfairly suspicious of your motives, here, Tim, but if
> someone runs and wins, and they don't think your agenda is a high priority
> for them, then what?  Will you hassle them here, on the Linux Australia
> email list?  Will you phone them up?  Will you criticise them in public?

If I don't win, I'll follow the communities wishes and no longer pursue my
agenda.

*I promise never to whine about them on this list or in anyway harass the
people who are elected. *If I do, you can point at this email and quite
happily call me a liar.

>  If you run and you are accepted as LA President, and we disagree with
> your proposed changes on list, will you ignore us?

Yes I will. I have declared my intentions, it's up for the community to
decided if they want me as a leader or not.

>   Will you claim that you had some kind of "mandate" to enact those
> changes because you were elected?  Will you criticise us as being lazy
> whiners who couldn't be bothered to run for president?

Yes I will.

If you don't like this *make your voice heard and VOTE AGAINST ME*. (Well
you'll need someone to run against me first, then vote for them.)

Tim