[Linux-aus] Name change election results..

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Thu Jan 3 10:26:52 EST 2013

On 02/01/13 20:04, Chris Neugebauer wrote:

[snip]

> May I ask why the council made this decision?
>
> The "Leave unchanged" option did not achieve a clear majority at any
> of the stages of voting – there was a clear majority (3:1) in favour
> of a name change by first preferences, and a clear majority in favour
> in favour of a name change at the last stage of preference
> distribution.
>
> Given that the point of this election was just to narrow down a list
> of candidates, not proceeding with such an election seems bizarre.

I think the results really do speak to the issue.

Only 179 people were interested enough to cast a vote, of those not one
choice was overwhelming in terms of settling the issue, therefore the
Council's decision to not direct scarce resources to continuing to
pursue this is the correct one.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS CP, ACS Honorary Life Member
Chair IFIP International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3) 2011-13