[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 1 February 2013 - Minutes

David Jorm djorm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 22:54:46 EST 2013

> 10. It was noted that the BlueHackers.org BoF was well attended and
> Council discussed having psychological assistance/counselling services
> as a member service that could be made available to all LA members.
> DECISION: Defer for further discussion at LA Face to Face

I think there would be value in offering a mental health first aid course at a future LA event, either Linux.conf.au or something else. Running a course that specifically caters to people in the technology industry would be valuable, as discussion could focus on things that affect us the most. There's hundreds of instructors Australia-wide who could run a course at low cost:

http://www.mhfa.com.au/cms/standard-course-information/

David

Disclaimer: I do work for MHFA International.