[Linux-aus] Open Hardware Conference [adding to conference set]

David Lyon (Hackerpads) david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Wed Feb 6 08:55:58 EST 2013

Hi all,

LCA2013 was excellent. From what I saw it went really well.

One of the discussions that came out of that was for including an
Open Hardware event. Catering to the people that are making Open
Hardware in Australia, and yes, those people doing it overseas.

Some popular options seemed to be:

  - add it onto LCA2014 (extra days)

  - break it out to a seperate event, say in September/October/November

As it was, there was already a hardware component to LCA2013 in
the form of the Arduino miniconf. However, that only scratches the
tip of the iceberg of the interesting stuff that's going on in that
arena. Next we need to add Raspberry-Pi miniconf and it's easy to
see how that could grow.

Regards

David