[Linux-aus] Your feedback sought - Linux Australia Member Survey scope

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Aug 16 14:28:36 EST 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Linux Australia Secretary wrote:

> The survey should be administered if possible using an open source-licensed
> toolset. It may be hosted in the cloud or on Linux Australia's
> infrastructure. If hosted in the cloud, Linux Australia should be able to
> retain access to all data captured for future use.

If it is to involve "the cloud", won't it be susceptible to the various
spy agencies of the NSA, the CIA, and the Google, and the other ones
about which we do not yet know, for possible use by the House Unamerican
Activities Committee, with information about participants possibly being
sold to Microsoft?

And, thus, as a branch of the USA, the House Unaustralian Activities
Committee might also get the information, and, if ASIO and other
Australian agencies get the information, it could be equally worrying.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."