[Linux-aus] National Computer Science School Challenge - starts next Monday

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Fri Aug 2 20:56:18 EST 2013

Hi people,

While not strictly Open Source or Linux related hopefully those with kids
or know student age children will be interested in the below information;

Tim

> The NCSS Challenge is an online programming competition for school
> students that teaches students to code in Python while they compete. No
> previous programming experience is required, although for experienced
> students we also have intermediate and advanced streams. The competition is
> appropriate for students aged 11 to 18 (although this is not a strict rule,
> it depends on the student, contact us for more info).

The competition runs for 5 weeks, starting next Monday 5th August.
> Registration costs $20 (Australian) per student per stream. Registration
> gives students access to notes, questions, forums where they can interact
> with other competitors, and a messaging system where they can ask for help
> from our team of volunteer tutors. The competition is run by the University
> of Sydney, Australia.

Questions last year were on interesting topics ranging from bioinformatics

For more information, see our website http://groklearning.com/challenge, or