[Linux-aus] Grant Inquiry: Open Food Web Foundation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:45:15 EST 2013

Hi Kirsten,

It seems like you guys are really organised, which is awesome :)

The in-kind/infrastructure support from LA seems like a no-brainer to me,
but I am a little unclear about the scope of work to be funded as
"developer time".

I am a bit confused about the software OFWF is proposing to develop. There
is a graphic about the Open Food Network at
http://openfoodweb.org/foundation/ofn/ . Is the CollabCo wiki intended to
be the basis of the OFN? Or is it being set up to make a space to start
developing a separate piece of software which is the OFN?

Do you have/expect to find volunteer developers to lead work on the OFN, or
are you intending to fund that work in some way as well?

What state are CollabForge releasing CollabCo in? Is it a case of "dump and
run" open source release, with work needed to make it generic, standardise
installation, documentation etc? (is this work intended as part of OFWF's
application or would you just be doing the work to get it going for your
own needs?)

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/