[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Grant Request: Drupal Code Sprint

Peter Lieverdink peter at cc.com.au
Mon Sep 24 16:23:36 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

There is a Drupal Association, which is a US non-profit based in Portland. Whether or not it should fund this sort of thing is a good question, I personally think it should. Whether it has the capacity and willingness to do so is an altogether different matter.

However.

> Is Linux Australia the most appropriate body? In this
> case the spend is low so I think its fine, but I do wonder if there
> are other funding sources for this source of thing.

I think it's appropriate for Linux Australia to fund this and other AU/NZ drupal related community grant requests. After all, Drupal Downunder in 2011 and 2012 were run as LA subcommittees and the profits from those events are still held by Linux Australia.

The idea is that LA (as an organisation that supports the open source community, which includes drupal) is here to support communities by providing legal and financial resources for events. That doesn't just mean banking profits generated by all events, it also means supporting these communities by spending money on things such as this sprint.

Cheers,
- Peter.