[Linux-aus] LCA2014 - Next steps to get it done?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Sep 4 14:46:01 EST 2012

Hi All,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 13:40:19 +1000 James Polley <jamezpolley at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Luke John mentioned, the Perth team is already (at the request of the
> Council) working on a bid that's going to rely on a PCO - they're currently
> shopping around to find one that can fit within their budget. We're
> definitely willing to consider other bids that do the same.

OK, so I haven't seen anyone mention this (but I didn't read all the
postings):  has anyone considered approaching the Linux Foundation for
help with organisation.  They currently do conferences in the US, Europe
and (to small extent) Asia.  They certainly understand the Open Source
point of view and they do a fantastic job (I have just returned from the
Linux Kernel Summit which was colocated with 4 other conferences - all
organised by LF staff).  Just an idea ...

Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au