[Linux-aus] LCA2014 - Next steps to get it done?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Sep 4 13:43:43 EST 2012

On 04/09/12 11:01, John Ferlito wrote:

> 2. Ghosts volunteer to mentor anyone who submits an EOI to help them
> with their bid.
> I'll put my hand up now too. It would be great if other ghosts would
> do the same.

I think I am implictly on this list anyways as the most recent ghost,
but I'm happy to help out bidding teams. Specifically, the Canberra bid
didn't take all that long to write, isn't all that glossy (its just a
Google doc), and was a little sarcastic. I'm happy enough to share it
with bidders.

I don't want to share it more publicly that that because its full of
spoilers for the conference, and laughably wrong compared to the actual
conference.

> I would also like to make it clear that the bid document does not need
> to be flashy, it does need to be thorough though. It could be as
> simple as a very long email.

Yeah, the Canberra bid is a 22 page Google doc -- the secret is lots of
pictures. No graphic design was harmed in the making of it except for a
logo we didn't really need at that stage.

Mikal