[Linux-aus] LCA2014 - Next steps to get it done?

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Tue Sep 4 11:01:08 EST 2012

Howdy,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 06:51:11PM +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> I propose a new timeframe and action plan.

Thanks for the email and suggesting the time frames. The council was a
little vague with our initial time frame. A few tweaks to your
suggestion below.

> 1. Let's get expressions of interest (EOI) to bid by the end of this
> week.
> 2. Ghosts volunteer to mentor anyone who submits an EOI to help them
> with their bid.
> 3. Bids to be submitted by the end of the month. LA Decision by mid /
> end of October - giving team November and December to prepare for
> announcement shenanigans at LCA2013.

1. Expressions of interest (EOI) due by Monday the 10th.
This give people the weekend to talk to others. Keep in mind an EOI is
as simple as sending an email to linux-aus and CCing the council wth
"We intend on putting in a bid for X in 2014"

2. Ghosts volunteer to mentor anyone who submits an EOI to help them
with their bid.
I'll put my hand up now too. It would be great if other ghosts would
do the same.

3. Bids to be submitted by the end of the month. (Due on 1/10)

4. LA Decision by 31st October
Gives time for site visits if needed

I would also like to make it clear that the bid document does not need
to be flashy, it does need to be thorough though. It could be as
simple as a very long email.

Cheers,
John

--