[Linux-aus] question without notice

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Fri Nov 9 18:54:43 EST 2012

Well,

On 09/11/2012, at 6:11 PM, Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com> wrote:
> To me, they are like Trade Unions. And equally as useless.

Eight hour days, OHS&W for workers, raising the awareness that men who discriminate against women in the workforce means companies ignore 50% of the working population's talent (and trust me, women have as many talents as men).

Still, in industries where trading one's life for one's work doesn't seem to matter and realistically not many OHS&W issues [we're not like the construction industry or mining industry for example] and one that is still dominated by men, I suppose this statement is understandable.

I'd also say it's unprofessional.

DSL