[Linux-aus] LUG IRC Meeting Tuesday 29 May

Don Knowles donakk at gmail.com
Sat May 26 17:34:21 EST 2012

Hi All,

I think I've finally got the time-zones sorted (thanks to timeanddate.com)
so we'll be meeting at
7 pm Perth time, 8:30 pm Adelaide time, 9:00 pm East Coast time,
on Tuesday next
in irc.freenode.net/#linux-aus-lugs

Topics:
Last month we had a good old go around with the "topic du jour" the
potential renaming of Linux Australia,
that then broadened into a discussion on the whys and wherefores of
marketing both Linux itself and
our organisation ... not sure how well we solved it all.

We also had a brief discussion on the running of installfests and demos, as
in Software Freedom Day kind
of activities.

This month, as an extension of the latter subject: What's your favourite
Live CD?
Personally, I favour Knoppix DVD as a way to demonstrate as much as
possible.

The rename topic seems to have died quietly ...

--
Don Knowles, Rockhampton, Australia
a Founding Member of Central Queensland Linux User Group