[Linux-aus] ATO - BAS statements... again

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu May 17 09:12:05 EST 2012

Hey folks,

I tweeted
https://twitter.com/#!/kattekrab/status/202870839157338113

Thanks for the retweet john.

others, if you're on the twitterthang - please also consider retweeting.

I submitted my BAS statement last week via windows. I had no choice.

I have been successfully submitting my BAS online using ubuntu and
firefox for years now. Switching from paper to online was fabulous, and
definitely took the sting out of the busy work we do for the government
- but now I have to use windows - it is the single only thing I need
windows for.

What really pisses me off, is that this used to work. It wasn't
sanctioned, but we made it work. And Auskey was meant to make it better.
It hasn't. It's now broken.

I was going to ring the tax office last week - but ran out of time, and
just had to get it done.  So I booted a laptop with windows on it.

It feels like defeat.

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au