[Linux-aus] Legal aspects of data security and privacy in Australia?

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Fri May 4 11:19:59 EST 2012

Hi, everyone.

I am Javier Candeira, teaching Introduction to Computing Technology at
Monash Caulfield in Melbourne.

Last year I asked you for information on applicability of floss
licenses in Australia. You were so helpful that, in reward, you get...
more questions!

Can you point me towards a simple resource about the legal aspects of
data security and privacy in Australia?

This time, I am thinking of having my students read the documentation,
instead of me digesting it for them, so I would appreciate a single,
comprehensive source, if it exists. If not, many sprawling sources are
also ok, I can read and summarise.

Thanks,

Javier