[Linux-aus] libre aus

Patrick Elliott-Brennan elliottbrennan at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:55:01 EST 2012

Anthony Towns wrote
> Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:01:01 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] libre aus
SNIP
> While I also appreciate Tom's point, I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't
think we need the "me too" posts. If email had a nice "like" or +1
mechanism that'd be nice, but it doesn't so can we please refrain from
posting unless there's something substantive to add?

> Cheers,
> aj

Hi Anthony,

I can't see a problem. Someone is expressing their views in a very short
fashion. I think that's substantive enough.

The posts are about people's opinions. I agree that a 'like' or '+1'
button/mechanism would be great, but that wouldn't make much difference -
there would still be a 'post' of some form - unless there was an
aggregation mechanism.

One way of looking at this is if we had an overwhelming number of 'this'
comments about the one suggestion, we'd pretty much know what the community
thought without too much effort.

Regards,

Patrick