[Linux-aus] libre aus

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Tue May 1 17:43:08 EST 2012

Tom Eastman <tom at eastman.net.nz> wrote:
> I like "Libre Australia".
>
> I like it because you're better off explaining what your name means
> ("Libre means freedom") ...

So at the risk of fanning the flames, how about "Freedom Australia"?  Ok, so
the "LA" acronym no longer works, but is that such a big issue?  Then you
shouldn't need to explain anything.  On the other hand, using "Libre"
prompts a conversation which may be something that we actually want to do.

> It's only a shame it doesn't include 'NZ' anywhere in there, but I can
> live with that.

So, "Freedom ANZ", or (if the clash with a certain financial institution
needs to be avoided) "Freedom NZA"?  Both roll off the tongue fairly well,
although the long form is a bit of a mouthful.

Regards
  jonathan