[Linux-aus] Australian distributor product page for Raspberry Pi (Model B)

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Fri Mar 2 10:00:02 EST 2012

On 1/03/12 9:40 PM, Glen Turner wrote:
> Do you know if there is actual stocked product behind that page?

No there are no stocks. They sold out their allocation in minutes. The
initial production run was 10,000 and there were over 100,000 people
just on the mailing list.

Even most of the crazies who set their alarms and refreshed the sites to
death probably missed out on the first run given the numbers. After
about 4 attempts with lost connections I got my order in within the
first 15 minutes and I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see one until
the end of April.