[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

James Purser jamesrpurser at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:53:28 EST 2012

Okay because everyone seems to be getting hopped up on goof balls over this
lets clarify:

The process is this:

1. Council to submit a number of options for vote. This includes NOT
CHANGING THE NAME
2. Vote is held. If result is NOT CHANGING THE NAME, that's the end of the
process
3. If result is anything else, top three names are taken to a second vote.
4. Winner is given one year recording contract with... oh hold on.

That's it.

Understandably there are passionate feelings on both sides. Can we please
put our arguments forward in a thoughtful, respectful manner? It is
possible to argue your case without going personal.
--
James Purser