[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

David Newall davidn at davidnewall.com
Fri Jul 13 19:55:11 EST 2012

On 13/07/12 19:11, Ryan Verner wrote:
> Can I vote we leave the decision on this up to our elected council?  I believe all differing opinions on this have already been more than sufficiently represented.

Please, Ryan, not that.  I totally agree with you about the time and
energy spent on this question, and would be delighted for it to cease
now, but I don't agree that council should make the decision. So far
it's been mere hot-air, but were it to become serious, I would want the
issue to be decided by ballot of the members.