[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Jul 13 18:17:09 EST 2012

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?
>
> No one is hijacking Linux Australia.   Just formalising and
> re-arranging the organisational structure as it currently exists.
> Linux Australia will still be there, with people to advocate and
> promote Linux, as it should be.

Maybe it would be easier if we setup a Linux advocacy sub-committee first.
That sub-committee would take the LA name once the Umbrella Corporation has
it's new name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Corporation#Umbrella_Corporation

I don't think that the renamed LA will create zombies or do any other bad
things, but some people here may disagree.  :-#