[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Fri Aug 31 00:48:42 EST 2012

Of the issues I mentioned, sexism has at least had some action. So take
a breath and let it go, For the moment that risk has a control, even if
its effectiveness isn't clear yet.

As to my other points

- the FISL/LPC thing is simply woeful phrasing, and I apologise.
Basically, is the vision for LCA a hard Linux conference or is it a
Linux/free culture/maker conference. Different organising committees
have played across the spectrum and it's probably time to LA to use that
experience to set a strategy.

- the size thing is a strategic thing. Do you want it to be larger or
not? And if not, how are the consequences of that dealt with. If it's
larger, then there has to be a funded plan to expand awareness.

That's my two e-mails, so I'm outta here.

--
Glen Turner   www.gdt.id.au/~gdt